The goal of this class is to learn C programming and familiarization with the UNIX environment. At the end of the class, students will be able to write substantial programs in C that use most of the available C functionality.
- UNIX shell, compiling and linking, Makefiles, and debugging using gdb
- Strings and Arrays
- Standard Input/Output
- Functions, Program Structure, and Control Flow
- Process Address Spaces: Data, Heap, and Stack
- Data Pointers and Function Pointers
- UNIX System interface, System Calls, and Basic Process Management
- Multithreading and Synchronization
This is an exclusively project based course.
- Spring 2013